Friday, June 27, 2008

Friday recipes; or Fricipes

Who doesn't love a good smoothie? That's right. Nobody.

So I was pretty happy my husband passed along his mom's quick smoothie recipe for a refreshing after-dinner treat. You can make it with ice cream, but I find it works just as well with plain yogurt (I never buy the pre-sweetened stuff because it's chock full of high fructose corn syrup and it's just as good if you take the plain stuff add a generous helping of maple syrup and your choice of fruit).

This smoothie literally takes about three minutes and could use almost any fruit. I read another great recipe to freeze these in Popsicle containers for smoothie frozen pops. Yum...

Strawberry-banana smoothie

  • I cut up one banana, a half dozen good sized strawberries and throw those in the blender. I add about a cup and a half of yogurt and two TBS of maple syrup, which I swear does not make your yogurt take like maple syrup, just yummy sweet.
  • Blend.
  • Add about a handful of ice cubes.
  • Blend until the cubes are crushed.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I make smoothies all the time, but I use the bags of frozen fruit with the unsweetened yogurt. I may need to make one tonight!

ONNO said...

Another good recipe is a banana, some honey and milk. Supposedly cures hangovers. I added some chocolate to it yesterday. Yum!

I'm a CEO