Thursday, June 5, 2008

Bye-bye Hummer


"Who would want a Hummer? Can you imagine if you had a Hummer right now? What a nightmare that would be."

My husband just laughs at my rant, and it's double entendre-y nature. But seriously. Who has that kind of cash just waiting to be thrown away on gas?

Nobody, it turns out. GM is backing off it's line of SUVs, and thinking of selling its beloved Hummer, to focus on smaller cars. Come on Ford. Bring back that feisty Festiva at nearly 30 mpg.

Come to think of it, maybe people are going a bit further. A few weeks ago on a bike ride to the park with my girls, I saw two other parents with kid trailers — on the SAME block. I see them everywhere now (even my neighborhood Target store for less than $100 on sale). Today at the playground, the only things there were three parents, three kids and two bikes with Burleys.

It's pretty exciting to watch the market crush the things are damaging the planet while promote the things that make us all healthier.

No comments:

I'm a CEO