Saturday, May 24, 2008

No-mo weekend

Since gas prices are ridiculously high, and because my family and I had mostly planned a leisurely weekend of yard work, playgrounds and around-town outings, we decided to go car free this Memorial Day weekend. Plus we have brats from this local farmer, so really there's no reason to go anywhere.

For any adventures we might take, we'll be traveling via walk, bike or bus. I'm sure this will work out perfectly well, without even one 2-year-old tantrum. So happy three-day weekend to us and everybody else.

1 comment:

Julia M. said...

Good for you!! Sadly, I think my carbon imprint this summer is quite high with all the plane, bus & train travel... or maybe I don't understand how that works... I mean, at least it's public transportation, yes?!?!

I'm a CEO