Saturday, May 24, 2008

Bunnies

Today, we discovered a nest of bunnies in our back yard.

Ahhhh. !!! Bunnies!!!

Obviously, mommy bunny wasn't too bright. A dog and two little kids equals bad place for baby bunnies. And because my husband and I aren't the kind of people who kill cute little baby bunnies, or let our dog kill the cute little baby bunnies, or can tolerate the sadness of having mother rabbit continually look for her cute baby bunnies we moved, we put a small fence around the nest.

Turns out, that was the right thing to do. In a few days, the bunnies will have hair. In 10 days, they'll be old enough to move around. I'm thinking of doing a bunny lesson for the girls.

Our neighbors probably think we're crazy. That's fine. At least I don't have to live as a bunny murderer. And that's fine by me.

No comments:

I'm a CEO