Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Guilty pleasures – Big fat flaw week


So I love Day of Our Lives. So what!!

I know it's so stupid, really I do. I can hardly believe I'm even admitting to it. Even still, I try to catch at least 10 minutes of it a few times a week. I also love really cheesy movies, Tori Amos and The Simpsons.

Just because I'm trying to conserve energy doesn't mean I live in the woods. I like Project Runway as much as the next girl/gay guy, but all this media love can really add up to some serious cash on DVDs, CDs and electricity.

So, instead of denying myself my Sami/E.J./Lucas love triangle, I just try to conserve as much as possible.

• Power cords, especially for televisions and stereos, are great ways to fight phantom energy, or the stuff you're using even when the tube is off. It can make up as much as 5 percent of your energy bill.
• Instead of buying, borrow. Libraries aren't just for books, like the crime mysteries I'm currently embarrassed to admit loving. I get most of my rental movies there as well. They're not always free. Mine charges $1 for two nights, but they have new releases. We just watched Superbad a few nights ago. Many libraries also stock music and video games.
• Speaking of music, instead of CDs, try Pandora. It's like a radio station made just for you and totally free.

1 comment:

Eric and Julie said...

That is one of my favorite pictures of her! I remember when you posted it on your other blog. World music at B&N, right? Did it just creep you out that I remembered that?

I'm a CEO